January 29, 2009

Making Us Laugh


Eric is a super funny little guy. He is always saying and doing funny stuff- and the past few days he has been extra funny, and I just had to pass the laughs along.

Yesterday my friend Kristen was over and she was playing with Eric and the many balloons we have hanging around from Skip's graduation party. Kristen asked Eric where his head was. He stopped what he was doing and said...
E- "I don't know."
K- "You don't know where your head is?"
Eric smiled and bent over to point to his back and said "Is it on my back? Nooooo. Is it on my shoulders? There it is! (Pointing to his head) I found my head!"

Today when I picked Eric up from school he informed me that he needed a hamburger. Eric never wants a hamburger- he is a chicken nugget guy.
"Well Eric we need to go and get your haircut."
"No Mom, I need a hamburger."
"Lets go get your haircut and then maybe we can go and get a hamburger."
"No Mom, I want a hamburger, not a haircut."
"Okay, if we go and get a hamburger then do you want to get a haircut."
"No, I want a hamburger first."
"Okay lets go get a hamburger. Do you want a cheeseburger?"
"No a hamburger."
"Okay.
So I got his hamburger and before I knew it Eric had polished off his hamburger and was asking for another one! By then we had pulled up to Sports Clips. Lily had only eaten half of her hamburger and as soon as I had Eric's car seat unbuckled he had grabbed the remainder of Lily's hamburger and was shoving it in his mouth.

And then at dinner tonight I was telling Skip that Eric and I get to make a valentine mailbox for his class party. Skip asked Eric if he was going to get all his girlfriends valentines. Eric said yes. We laughed and Skip said, "How many girlfriends do you have Eric?" Eric stopped eating held up his hand and started counting his fingers. I have one, two, three, four, five, six. Six girlfriends! I just about started crying from laughing so hard.

My little guy keeps me laughing. He is as sweet as can be! I am so lucky to have such a special little guy in my life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I love this kid!!!! he is hilarious!!! shoot and I just remembered I forgot to call him back after work last night! Yikes!! sorry :-S

Faye said...

So pretty much having a very stressful day and then I read your blog...Eric made my day. He is so funny! Give him a big hug and tell him thanks for making me laugh!