June 20, 2009

5 Whole Years!


Skip and I have now been married for 5 years! Where has the time gone?! To celebrate our Anniversary we ditched the kids (for the 1st time overnight) and headed up to Orlando. We got there around 8:30pm so we headed over to City Walk- it's basically a bunch of shops, restaurants and bars, and walked around for a little bit. On Sat we got to... gasp...sleep in past 7:00! It was great! We spent the day at Universal Studios and Universal Island of Adventures. It was so much fun! It's been awhile since Skip and I have had a whole day to ourselves, with something fun to do. There were times when I wished the kids were with us because I knew they would love to see some of the stuff, but then I would hear a kid crying and I was glad we didn't have to worry about that! We road all kinds of crazy roller coasters. After the first one- The Hulk- I wasn't sure if I still liked roller coasters! But we went on a few more and I do like them. Universal Studios has a bunch of 3-D rides/shows so basically the only picture we got the whole day was of us in the awesome 3-D glasses.

I kept telling Skip we needed to "borrow" a pair cause he looked super hot in them!

It was such a great trip! Hopefully next time we can make it longer then a day!

3 comments:

Tabs said...

Congrats on 5 years and 2 beautiful, wonderful children! Can't wait to see what else the future holds for you guys! I love you!
Tabby

Anonymous said...

It's about time you guys got away overnight!!! I wonder what it says about Taber and I as parents, but we've ditched the girls overnight multiple times. :) I agree with you, the best part is getting to sleep in! Congrats on 5 years - we're right behind you.

Unknown said...

I can't believe it's been five years! Glad you guys were able to make it up there!