August 14, 2011

Little Quilters

Eric and Lily love to follow me around the house, so the other day when I had some sewing I wanted to get done- I had them pick out fabric from my stash for a quilt. I cut all the pieces and then put them to work laying out their quilts. Once that was done they got to sew them together...Lily didn't like the sewing to much cause she couldn't push the petal. Eric on the other hand really enjoyed sewing...Both of them really loved ironing!I couldn't sew fast enough for Lily- she wanted to iron iron iron!Eric was getting pretty fancy in his ironing skillz... at one point he goes "hey mom check this out...I can iron backwards!" He was moving that iron in all different directions and having a blast!pinning the layers was a little tough for the kids but they did get a few in there.
Eric still has some quilting to do so I'll post pictures when he's done.

1 comment:

kimberlee said...

You're such a good mom! Those kids of yours are going to be sewing pros. I'll send all my ironing out for Eric to do. :)