November 18, 2012

Disney On Ice

This year for Lily's birthday I got tickets for Lily, Eric, Ash and I to go see Disney on Ice. It was a first for all of us. Ash being the fun gal that she is said we all needed to dress up so we did! (The guy in the parking garage even commented on us going all out for it) While we were walking to our seats Lily told Ash that she felt like a real princess.
Ash, Lily and I had matching princess shirts and crowns. Eric was our knight in shining armour.
It was so much fun! I often feel sorry for my kids that we don't have the money to do a lot of fun stuff or go to fun places- which often makes me feel like a bad Mom. So watching Eric and Lily's faces during the performance made me feel like a million bucks! Lily was on the edge of her seat the whole time with a look of pure joy and awe on her face. Eric kept saying "that was amazing!" I know that material things aren't important in the grand scheme of things but it sure was great to be able to give my kids a fun night out. It did my heart good.
Disney On Ice we shall be seeing you again!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Ah FUN! And quality over quantity I say! What a fun idea! Love that Eric went as the knight and shining dude! You're a great mom! Always remember that. Places don't determine what type of a mom you are. Love does! Love you Emma!