October 13, 2009

Feeding Time

Okay so lately after dinner the kids have had way to much energy to calm down and do our nightly thing. So we have added a step in our night rutine...running laps around the lake! Eric just runs and runs and runs! I truly wish I could bottle some of his energy and take it each day! Oh to be young! Lily does great for the first half and then she wants to be carried the rest of the way cause "it's to hot to walk", or "I'm so tired." Some nights I bring out Eric's bike and Lily's baby stroller. You should see her running with her stroller! She is a fast little girl- and half the time she is running in her flip flops! I think she is going to be one of those girls lucky enough to be a graceful runner while wearing high heels. Last night on our walk we found 14 baby ducks with their Mom. As soon as we stepped on the grass for a closer look the mother and babies jumped out of the water and came running looking for food. We went back in the house to get some bread and the kids got to feed the ducks. Lily was getting brave and was going right up to the ducks telling them to "eat this!" Eric was throwing the bread into the little groups of ducks to see them fight over it. Every night on our walk Eric picks flowers for me. Last night he tried to tell me that they were Roses. He is such a sweet boy!

1 comment:

Faye said...

Oh what a sweet little boy! I hope to have one like him. You have done a wonderful job with your kids Em.