February 2, 2010

Table Makeover

Our table has been looking a little shabby, and the chairs from having messy child eaters, have defiantly seen better days. I've recovered the chairs before but it's impossible to keep them clean with the kids- so it was high time for a makeover. Here are the before and afters...

I found this super cute oilcloth online- so now I don't have to worry about stains- I just wipe spills right off! LOVE IT!!!! Plus I got rid of the little handles on top of the chairs- they would leave marks all over the wall.


I love black furniture! You can't tell very well but it's distressed around the edges and on top a little bit

I love how a little paint and some new fabric make it seem like I have all new furniture!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

CUTE!!!!!!!!! It looks sooooooo different! What's the saying on the wall?

Em said...

It says
Live Simply
Dream Big
Be Grateful
Give Love
Laugh Lots

I painted it on the wall for only $5 bucks vs. paying $38 for vinyl lettering :-)

Margaret said...

looks great!!

Katrina said...

I didn't know you had a blog 'til you commented on mine! And there I am in your side bar... boy do I feel lame... rotten cousin I am!

Love the seats, they remind me of Mary Englebreit. :D

carolyn said...

You are a Creative Homemaker!! I love the new cushions you made simple and beautiful. I have BYU Cougar drapery for one window in Chelsea's room haven't gotten around to making it yet! Need you to come and help me! :)

Have a great day! Going to update my blog!

Carolyn