January 13, 2009

Booooo Kodak

So I used my camera all day on Fri and Sat and it worked just fine. I went to take a picture of Lily Sun morning and the camera wouldn't work! I would push the on button and the only thing that would happen was Lens Error 113,0,0,0 would appear on the screen and then it would shut off. I called Kodak yesterday to see what could be done, it was pretty lame...this is what went down...

I told the guy the problem...

So your camera won't turn on?

No- the only thing that happens is Lens Error 113,0,0,0 comes on the screen then it shuts off.

So you think there is an error with the Lens?

Umm yes that would be the problem.

So does the Lens not move at all when you push the on button?

No it doesn't move at all.

It doesn't pop out or move at all?

Nooooooo, it doesn't move at all.

Yes, it sounds like there might be a problem with the lens. Your warranty is up, you know.

Yeah, I know the warranty is up, but can the camera be fixed?

Yes, you can send it in to one of our repair shops for only $65 dollars and an additional $10.50 for shipping.

Seriously? It's not even that good of a camera.

Oh...silence...I'm sorry. Well you could mail in your camera to a Kodak recycling center and then you will receive a $50 dollar coupon to use toward any Kodak product.

Yeah no. With all the trouble I've had with this camera I'm not going to buy another Kodak camera.

Oh...silence...so did you want the information to mail your camera in to be repaired?

Nope. Goodbye.

The first Kodak camera that I had was awesome! It took great, clear pictures. And the printer that it came with was great also. So when I had a total pregnant moment and threw the camera in the washer with all the sheets, I went and got another Kodak camera, one that was "a step up from the camera I had." It was not a step up at all! So to make a long story short- now I'm out of a camera.

5 comments:

Faye said...

I'm sorry Em! Cameras are such a pain sometimes. I wish you luck on your shopping for a new camera.

Annette said...

Seriously didn't you want to punch him? I mean ... sounds like he just repeated what you said... make me laugh when you told him.. no this is a crappy camera! Way to go Emma!

Unknown said...

AHAHAHA oh my funny. I love your run down of it! Forget Kodak go for the Nikon Coolpix. All the cool people are getting it :-)

GS Wilson said...

The Nikon isn't bad, but we love our new Canon Powershot (and it was rated higher Ash!) Sorry to hear about the camera EM, did their technical support guy at least sound American?

Em said...

Not in any way did he sound Americain and that just made the whole conversation more annoying! I tried speaking slower and louder but it still took him forever to come to the conclusion that there was a problem with the lens!