January 3, 2009

Bring on the New Year!

So for the first time ever in our married life Skip and I stayed up till midnight and I have to say- I don't get it. Why is it such a big deal to stay up till midnight? I guess if you were going to a big party then it would be different, but we just watched a movie played a couple card games (I won both games- sorry Skip) and then watched the ball drop. Yeah I even forgot to go and buy the sparkling apple cider. Don't get me wrong it was totally fun hanging out with my hubby! But being sleep deprived all the next day...not so fun. I think I'll stick to my 10pm bed time.

I am very excited about this year! It's going to be a GREAT one! Skip will finish school at the end of this month! Hip Hip Hooray! I will get my husband back! For the past 2 years as soon as dinner is over he goes off to do his homework. but at the end of this month he's mine again. I'm really proud of him. He works sooooooooooo hard all day and then he gets to come home and work on school work...no fun at all. Once he has his degree then he gets to apply for a job in Fort Collins, CO. Hopefully it will all work out and we will get to move back to the wild wild west this summer. Oh how wonderful that will be! To be closer to my family! To get to start all over again in a new place, new job, new friends...how exciting! We will just have to wait and see how everything pans out...but I'm going to make it the BEST year possible!

1 comment:

Faye said...

that is so awesome that Skip is going to be done at the end of the month! GOOD JOB SKIP! I am hoping to have you closer...just be prepared for the snow!!!!