February 3, 2009

Best Day Ever!



Saturday was AWESOME!!!! Skip and I got a whole day to ourselves! Kids Free thanks to my wonderful friends Lisa and Erica. We dropped the kids off at 9am and then took off for Orlando. We went to the Temple and it was sooooooooo wonderful! the last time Skip and I were able to go to the Temple was way back in July when we were in Utah and could leave the kids with Grammy, Poppa, Aunts and Uncles. I love going to the Temple! Every time I go I feel so loved by Heavenly Father. It was the spiritual uplifting that I needed.

After we left the Temple we decided to go to Downtown Disney to get some dinner. While we were at downtown Disney we stopped at a little booth where you can pick an oyster and then they open it for you and you get the pearl inside. (I've always wanted to do it but for one reason or another didn't) We tried to ask the lady if there is a trick to picking out a good oyster and she said there was no trick. So Skip said to find the thickest one. So I found one that looked pretty thick, and gave it to the lady. She had me tap it 3 times and then say Aloha for good luck. Well it worked cause we got a pretty big pearl! Skip had me pick out a ring to set it in for an early Valentine's present. Such a sweet guy! I'm very lucky.

Honestly it was so wonderful to have Skip all to myself and not have kids yelling or climbing all over me when Skip and I are trying to talk. I can understand why date night is so important. When you've got little kids that constantly want attention or "need" something every 5 minutes it's easy to lose that connection that was there before kids. The whole day reminded me how wonderful my husband is and how much I love him. I'm not going to feel as guilty about leaving my kids for a whole day anymore!

5 comments:

Annette said...

Awe I'm glad you had a great day. See it was meant that you were to be alone and not run into us. It is wonderful spending the day with the one you love. Picture please of your ring!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! That's awesome that you guys got alone time. Good job picking out the honker of a pearl! Ah...life is good

Reggs said...

Oh this has totally inspired me to go on a date! Just the words, "being able to talk without kids climbing on me" sounded dreamy.

Em said...

Oh it totally was...and not to sound like a totally bad Mom but I think I'll ditch my kids more talking opportunities.

Alyse said...

aw dang! i was down there the weekend before with my friend Jesse and he and i went to downtown disney after we got done there too! that's funny!!!