February 15, 2009

Fire Hazard???



Last weekend I was looking through my recepie box trying to find a yummy treat to make and I came across a recepie for a no- fail apple pie. Apple Pie- specially homemade sounded really good! So I decided to give it a try. I was looking over the recepie and it said you had to cook it in a brown paper bag at 350 degrees for 1 hour 45 min! I thought- no way it'll catch on fire! Skip said the same thing so we called his Mom- it was her friend that gave me the recepie. Debby said she had never tried it but her friend made it all the time. So we decided to try it. Needless to say I was a nervous wreck the whole time the paper bag was in the oven. I swear I checked every 10 min to make sure there wasn't a fire in the oven.



I was releived when it was finally time to take the paper bag out of the oven. And let me tell you- that was seriously the best apple pie ever! Now that I now the paper bag won't catch on fire I'll be making it again!

3 comments:

GS Wilson said...

I would have totally thought fire hazard too! In fact, I can just picture a crew of firefighters leaving somebody's place after an oven fire caught the kitchen on fire. The dialogue would probably go something like this,
"That fire was awesome wasn't it!"
"Ya, I can't believe the entire apartment complex went up so fast!"
"This was probably a once in a career kind of fire - I hope the news crews got some good shots of us"
"Can you believe it all started because somebody put a PAPER BAG in their oven?"
"Ya, I guess they'll probably be investigated for arson".
"That's some hot apple pie!"

Ha Ha, glad it all came out alright!

Unknown said...

Haha I can totally see you fingers in the mouth pacing back and forth making sure that thing didn't go up in flames. How the heck does someone come up with putting it in the oven! That's nuts! Glad it worked out. Of course, it's you so it always turns out fabulous!!

Faye said...

LOL...so funny! Now that you have tried it out and have made sure that no fires are started during the process, I would love to get the receipe from you. I love apple pie :)