March 14, 2009

CRASH!

Not a great day in things electronic yesterday. My computer, filled with 4 years worth of pictures, expenses records, Young Women projects, favorite websites, patterns bought online,etc,etc, blah blah blah...everything you would accumulate over 4 years is now gone. The computer decided it had enough and crashed! And of course if would have to happen just an hour and a half before I had to take my wonderful husband off to the airport. Neither Skip or I know all that much about computer stuff but out of the 2 of us- I say he knows more. Soooooooo what to do....

I called HP technical support. And was told by a guy who hardly speaks English(seriously biggest pet peeve!) that my warranty was up and in order for him to troubleshoot I had to purchase and expired warranty package. Whatever. I hung up on him. Rude I know but I wasn't going through the whole Kodak ordeal again.

I called Faye to tell her what happened and her Chris saved the day. Chris was able to walk me through recovering my PC. Unfortunately everything on the computer was lost...not a single picture of my adorable kids to be found. (thank my lucky stars I had made a back up CD of the past 4 years worth of pictures!) Each of my carefully charted monthly expenses tables- gone. But hey- at least Chris was able to save me a couple hundred bucks! You Rock Chris! At least I don't have to take my non computer savvy self and 2 inpatient children over to Best Buy to purchase a new computer tower that does who knows what and then have to figure out what cord goes where. Although I am going to invest on those little memory sticks for all my pictures, important files and of course all the patterns I've bought online!

5 comments:

Annette said...

Oh don't you hate that!!! I am sorry. The computer in the back room is going and we even thought it died but it has come back to live another day. We got an external hard drive to back our stuff up. Ya what a pain. Personally I think Computers are going to rule the world and then kill us all! :-)

See you in a week!

Unknown said...

You know with all these crashing computers it's making me really nervous...

Unknown said...

P.S way cute purse

Em said...

In my shop the purse is named Ashley

GS Wilson said...

I feel your pain. Luckily you backed up all your pics! We're still waiting to try to extract all of ours from the hard drive off of our old computer.
Computers are awesome - WHEN they decide to work right.