March 1, 2009

Mouth Full of Berries


We took the kids to a pick your own strawberry patch on Sat. While we were walking out to the field 2 little old ladies walked by and Eric stopped them to tell them he was looking for strawberries. The laughed and then asked if he would like to try one of theirs. Ever the little gentleman...he grabbed a handful and tried to put it in his basket. We made him give all but one back and told him he had to look for his own.

He took off to find them but Lily didn't waste any time eating her strawberry. As soon as we showed her that there were strawberries all over she was off picking and eating.

I'm pretty sure she had her mouth full the whole time! Eric wasn't into eating them as much as he was picking them. He would run from Skip and I helping to pick the strawberries. Skip even took Eric over to the tomato plants to pick some tomatoes while I clean up strawberry juice covered Lily. It was so much fun! I look forward to having my own garden some day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I've wanted to do this forever, but I couldn't find any good places in Utah. I bet there are quite a few in Florida. I have fond memories of going out on hot summer days and finding U-Pick farms when I was younger - berries and green beans. Yum! It looks like the kids had a grand time. Way to go, creating good memories for your family, and then sharing it with all of us. You're an awesome mom!

Faye said...

like Kim I'm jealous!!! You guys find such fun things to do with the kids there in FL. I would have loved to see Lily covered in strawberry juice. Such cute kids

Tabs said...

I'm so glad you guys get to do so many fun things there. I feel like we've been hybernating all winter! I can't wait to do fun things with Ryker! I can't wait to see your cute kids and finally have them meet their cousin! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Oh Emma, Eric, Lily and why not, Skip...how you warm my heart and make me laugh let me count the ways...lol